Label Software TFORMer Designer - English
Label Software TFORMer Designer - German
Update - July 2013TFORMer was updated in July 2013. For details on the new version please refer to the article New High-Grade Barcode Label Software - TFORMer V7.5 Overview.
New Compliance Label Templates
- Caterpillar® Shipping/Parts Identification Labels Includes templates for Single Pack Label, Master Pack Label and Mixed Load Label as specified by Caterpillar® (Shipping/Parts Identification Label Standard Practice 20 – Version 3.0).
- MAT Labels New MAT label templates. These labels are used in the automotive industry and are based on the Siemens VDO label according to SN 525228-2. MAT labels complements existing VDA 4902, Odette and GTL labels.
- 2D-Code Business Cards New templates for QR-code business cards (meCard, vCard and URL barcodes) were added.
- New Start Screen The new start screen offers quick access to often used TFORMer functions.
- New Label Wizard Creation of new label layouts and selection of label-templates was reworked. TFORMer now differentiates between labels for laser/ink-jet printer or for thermo printers. A search function simplifies locating predefined label templates.
- Serial Numbers Serial numbers are now supported directly. If required, serials are stored automatically to ensure continuous numbering between TFORMer sessions.
- Computed Fields Computed fields offer a convenient and centralized method for performing computations.
- TAB support TAB stops may now be used in text elements.
- Edit Field Contents Editing field contents was improved. The new dialog provides an easy way to enter field names, expressions or formatted text.
- Print Preview The print preview now displays the margins of labels automatically. In addition, labels for thermal printers are displayed in their adjusted size.
- Data Sources Creating data sources was improved. The data source wizard now supports field assignments (source-fields to data-fields) in a better way.
- Date Functions Date and time computations are now better supported by the following new functions:
- CDateEx() Converts a string into a date. The conversion format to be used is adjustable.
- IsDate() Checks if a given string can be converted into a valid date using the specified conversion format.
- AddYears() Adds or subtracts the specified number of years to/from a date value.
- AddMonths() Adds or subtracts the specified number of years to/from a date value.
- AddWeeks() Adds or subtracts the specified number of years to/from a date value.
- AddDays() Adds or subtracts the specified number of years to/from a date value.
- CDate() Hint - This function now returns an empty date instead of the current system date if a conversion was not possible.
- Improved Layout Editor The layout designer now provides better visual feedback for various design tasks.
- Mass Printing - Print Dialog The maximum page number in the print dialog was increased from 9999 to 999999.
- Bar Codes Additional bar codes like QR Code 2005 are supported. The bar code printing method via Windows printer drivers is now adjustable. Rare problems with the high-precision method (used by previous TFORMer version) can now be avoided (see Extras->Options->Barcodes).
- ODBC Memo/Text Fields ODBC Interface now supports Memo and Text Fields. BLOBs are still ignored.
- Picture Components: Image-Type recognition If the Image-Type can not be determined by using the file extension, the binary data of the image is now analyzed. This allows the usage of HTTP-streams as image sources.
- Setup: Backup of custom templates Existing templates are now backed up in the folder Templates_Backup during the install. Custom templates are preserved after a reinstall.
- Improved Licensing TFORMer Designer can now be activated online.
TFORMer SDK (core)
- Improved Error Descriptions The error messages for problems in conjunction with image-download via http:/https: were improved.
- ZPL Printer When printing ZPL directly to a printer the printer name is now correctly used.
- Tray-Selection As documented, the first band printed on a page now specifies the printer tray to be used.
- Printer Selection in Tray-Settings Dialog Printer selection will now work under Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.
- JPEG Compression PDF output now correctly uses the option JPEG-Quality.
- PDF output truncates text If a text field used several trailing spaces, the output was truncated or missing.
- PDF with Chinese fonts Better support for localized font names like SimSun or SimHei.
- ODBC Memo/Text/Blob Datafields Under some circumstances Memo, Text or Blob fields in SQL select statements caused a crash (ODBC driver dependant).
- Image-Printer: Distorted Text Some fonts caused a distorted output for small font-sizes (e.g. font Calibri pt12)
- Expression Editor The call-tip in the expression editor now shows correct tips if "(", "," or ")" is used in the expression. Sample: Iif (Find ( Datafield_1, "(" ,0)>0, "Found", "Not Found")
- Other Bug Fixes Crash with Undo, crash when switching data sources, correct handling of the HTML entity & in formatted text elements, problems with network printers and tray selection, correct handling of duplicate source field names, ...